I’ve come around many people asking me about how to turn off iPhone 12 Pro Max, and other iPhone 12 series. As Apple no longer has the home button, how we used to activate Siri. The functionality of the power button has also changed likewise.
Turning off the former iPhones were very simple, but today we need a combination of buttons to shut down iPhone 12 series. You can also use the buttons but if you can not remember which buttons to use then there is also a method hidden in the setting of your new iPhone 12 series.
In this article, I will tell you where the shutdown button is hidden in the settings app. Moreover, I will also show you the amazing combination of buttons through which you can turn off iPhone 12 Pro max, and other iPhone 12 series.
How to Turn Off iPhone 12 Pro Max
As I said in the above paragraphs that there are many ways through which you can shut down iPhone 12 series. the easiest way to do this is to go through the side buttons. The combinations of buttons are the power button and the volume buttons.
1. Shutting Down Using Side Buttons
Method 1. If you trying to hold down your iPhone’s power button, you are not going to see the “slide to power off” option. Instead, you’ll have to use one of two methods to get the side button to trigger a shutdown.
- Press-and-hold the Power Button and one or both volume buttons simultaneously.
- Let go when the “slide to Power Off” bar appears.
- Swipe it to power off iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Method 2: The second option will also help you to get to the “slide to power off” button. However, unlike the first method, it won’t bring up the Emergency SOS bar.
- Press the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press Volume Down.
- Quickly press and hold the Side button right after.
- Let go when the “Slide to Power Off” bar appears.
- Swipe it to turn off iPhone 12 Pro Max.
2. Power off iPhone 12 Pro Max from the Settings.
If you are not a fan of using those all buttons. No worries, you can shut down iPhone 12 series from the setting section.
- Open the Setting App and find General
- Scroll down toward the bottom of the screen.
- Then there you will find the magical button named Shut Down.
- Just tap on it and their power off slider will appear on your screen just slide it to turn off iPhone 12 Pro Max.
How to Turn on your iPhone 12 Pro Max
To turn on iPhone 12 Pro Max, Do the same thing as you did to shut it down, use the combination buttons.
- Press and hold the Power Button and the Volume Up button until the Apple Logo appears
If this method doesn’t work, just plug the charging cable into your phone and it will restart itself.
Moreover, if the charger plugin options and the side buttons don’t work and your iPhone still has a dark screen. Then no need to panic, your phone may be in the DFU mode which we will explain below.
How to Put your iPhone 12 into DFU Mode?
Just follow the following steps.
- Connect your iPhone device to your computer with a USB cable
- Select Trust This Computer notification that appears on your mobile screen
- Confirm it by entering your passcode.
- Tap the Volume Up button and release.
- Tap the Volume Down button and release.
- Tap and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- While holding the Power Button, press and hold the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
- Now release the power button and keep holding the Volume Down button for another 10 seconds.
If your IOS Device is black then congratulations you have successfully entered the DFU Mode. But if you see the Apple logo appearing on the screen then you have to try again because something has gone wrong.
Exit DFU Mode
Now, how you can exit DFU Mode? To exit recovery mode, you have to go through a simple and easy 3 step process. Follow the instructions.
- Press the Volume Up button and release
- Press the Volume Down button and release
- Press and hold the Power Button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen of your phone.
- Now your phone will automatically restart and will move back to the Lock screen and you are done.
Also Read: How to Get Canva Pro for Free